Tuesday 10 December 2013

Reflection



As I reflect on this course, I have realized that it has deepened my understanding of learning theories and how they influence learning and teaching.  My main philosophy nevertheless remains the same. I believe that students learn by doing and sharing. These are underpinnings of the constructionism, behaviorism and cognitive learning theories. Students must understand what they are doing or going to do in order to construct and socialize. I am also of the view that technology is needed today. Integrating technology is a strategy that I would continue to use as the benefits outweighs the cons.
Throughout this course, I have been introduce to several tools and after examining them, several of them I plan to integrate into my future lessons.  I am particular fond of First in Math, Twiducate and VoiceThread. All the students at my  school can now access First in Math until July 31st 2014. This site would further develop their mathematical skills. 

I am presently developing my twiducate page to implement in the coming school term.  I am hoping to link all my additional sites and workstations through it. I am in the process of hot linking the images.
Have a look: My Twiducate ( underconstruction)
Click: I am student
Class code: smrcs2
Password: Walden

It is my hope that I would continue to engage my students fully as I  use homework to deepen their understanding of new concepts and for practice. I would continue to find ways to motivate the students as I become better knowledgeable about the interest and background of the different students. Use of mapping programs and virtual tours along with cooperative learning is a must in my class.
Long term Goals
My personal long term goal is to keep learning and developing a better understanding of the numerous technological tools in order to produce a close to perfect learning environment. Such an environment would provide students will the opportunities to connect with the knowledge in in order to collaborate with each other. 
Another goal I strive to achieve is one that benefits the entire school.  I would assist in the personal development and growth of my colleagues in the use of technology in the classroom during professional development sessions. For learning to maximized, it must be scaffolded and continuous thus all teachers must use technology and understand how the learning theories affect learning.
I know that the latter goal is a long term but I believe it is crucial as we develop the minds of 21st century learners. It is the job of all teacher to instill, nurture, reinforce, establish personal/academic success, clean and high standards and positive behavior. Hence even though it may be a tug-o-war it would worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment